Although I’m excited, I Must Confess I am also nervous about so many things …
- What to wear! I don’t want to look like a frump. I’m aiming to achieve a look that is confident AND comfortable.
- Have I got enough business cards?
- I’m staying at a unit a couple of streets away. Really hoping I don’t get mugged or anything as I walk to and from the conference!
- I’ve been madly studying everybody’s blogs and profile pictures beforehand, so I don’t have to say, “actually, I don’t think I’ve come across your blog yet!”
- I don’t have a laptop / ipad or other techy stuff – just an iphone. Will I stand out like a sore thumb without the gadgets and gizmos that are so handy for blogging?!
- Will my bloggy heroes (Nikki from Styling You, Melissa from Suger Coat It and about a hundred others) be as great in person as they are on their blogs?
- Will they even know who I am???
- Will I be able to sleep at all the night before?
- Or the first night I’m away?
- What will I do if there are two sessions on at once that I really want to attend?
- Will I have anybody to hang out with for mealtimes etc?
- Will people notice that I am wearing clothes that are SO last season?!
- Or that I bought them from an op shop in the first place?!
- Will I have any “fans”?!
- And if so – will they be disappointed when they meet me in real life?!
- How will I get all my work done early in the week, seeing as I’m taking Thursday and Friday off for the conference?
- Will the air conditioning be too cold?
- Will I get sore feet walking between the unit and the conference?
- Should I just get a cab instead?
- Should I get a hair cut before then so my hair sits nicely?
- How am I going to remember everything I want to remember?
- I hope I manage to get some decent photos!
- No doubt I’ll do the obligatory post conference post – wonder what angle I’ll take?
- Flats or heels – flats I think …
- Will I get to meet any of the really famous bloggy folk?
- How will I survive without my hubster for 3 days?
- And my kitty?!
- And the kids I guess (they’re 19 and 16 so they probably won’t even notice I’ve gone!)
- And I’ll miss Big Brother!
- I hope I don’t get lost driving down the Coast!
- I’d better stay healthy from now until after the conference.
- Hope my skin doesn’t break out from stress – not a good look in the photos …
- Will the weather be kind so I can get around without looking like a drowned rat?
- I hope I’m not rude, and manage to put the iphone down and focus on the people I have the great fortune to be meeting!
- What will I wear to the shindig on Friday night?
- Really hope I find some great people to hang with!
- What will my elevator pitch be (as suggested by Mel Kettle from the Cook’s Notebook)?
- I hope I don’t forget to pack anything!
- Will I look really newbie and green – after all it IS my first bloggy conference (though I have been to a few writing and editing conferences in my time…)
- Hope I don’t have bad breath or spinach between my teeth when schmoozing with others or do something stupid like tuck my skirt into my knickers accidentally …
- Really hope I don’t miss anything good!
- How do I greet people that I’ve been chatting with via blogs and social media? With a hug or a handshake?
- Hope I don’t drop any conversational clangers …
- Really hope we wear name tags with name and blog!
- Will I feel left out because I’m not travelling with other conference attendees or staying with them?
- Who will I “connect” with IRL? Just because I enjoy their blog doesn’t mean we’ll “click” in the real world …
- FOOD. Food is important peoples. Does the conference provide morning / afternoon teas?
- And if not what will I do and where will I go?!
- What will my unit be like?
- Will the bed be comfortable?
- And will I even see the beach?!
- Should I schedule posts for while I’m away, as per my usual bloggy schedule?
- And will anybody even read them seeing as so many of the blogging community will also be at the conference?
You may think, with all this uncertainty, nerves and general anxiety, WHY exactly am I going?
I can think of over 300 reasons actually.
The other people going to the conference.
It’s gonna be awesome!
Linking up with My Home Truths for my regular Monday morning confessional 😉
Are you going to #pbevent too?!