I Must Confess … one of the most popular posts on this blog is the one “How to Wear Purple Skinny Jeans“. And yet, I never ended up wearing my famous purple jeans and they will shortly be donated to charity.
But it’s not because I didn’t know how to style or wear them, after B’s fabulous advice. No, it was that they were uncomfortable in a “I feel like my butt’s hanging out” kind of way when I wore them. You see, once I had THE perfect jean for my shape, and realised how comfortable they were, I just couldn’t settle for less.
However, to prove to you that I did in fact really want to pull off wearing those purple skinny jeans with panache, I “shopped in my wardrobe” and put together a few looks that are perfect for Spring …
How to Wear Purple Jeans: Casual
1. Weekend Wear – I can totally see these worn with a pair of grey or purple canvas shoes (or even silver if you’re more daring!), with hair tied back in a ponytail!
2. Bushwalking Babe – I was surprised by how good green and purple look together. This ensemble makes me think of bushwalks and picnics – embracing the great outdoors.
3. Layer It Up – Even in Spring we still get the odd chilly day, so layers keep you a bit warmer and can be peeled off if the mercury starts to climb.
How to Wear Purple Jeans: Dressing up
And to show you that purple skinny jeans can also be dressed up …
1. Lovely in Lace – this is probably my favourite combo. I do love me a bit of lace and pearls, and I love the way the purple of the cami peeks through the lace adding depth and colour.
2. Bright Jewel Tones – With a pair of comfy black or purple flats, this would look smart for a day of shopping with the girls or coffee with the girls.
3. Peasant Princess – teamed with a delicate flowing peasant top and statement necklace, my purple jeans are now ready for dinner out or a date at the movies with the hubster. Longer sleeves make it great for chilly air conditioning!
Do you have coloured jeans in your wardrobe? What’s your favourite way to wear them?
Joining up with My Home Truths for another Monday of I Must Confess.