Today I Must Confess* … I am suffering from a strange combination of performance anxiety and writer’s block.
You see, over the weekend this magazine landed in our letter box.
With this article inside.
Yep, that’s Yours Truly, sharing my story of climbing back out of the pit of redundancy. Don’t you just love the title: Redlands Writer Refuses to Get Blogged Down!
I’m all sorts of excited and thrilled about it! It felt very strange to be the interviewee, rather than the interviewer, when Carly and I met for coffee (and as a fellow writer I have to say I think she’s done a great job of telling my story!).
As a result I am struggling to write this – because I know there are a heap of new people coming to check me out, and of course, I want to make a good impression ;-)!
So today I want to issue a warm welcome to ALL my readers, old and new, with open arms (I’m a very huggy person!).
This blog has changed a lot over the last 10 months. I initially envisioned that it would be primarily about local people, places and issues – but quickly found that this blog is not the place for serious reportage (well not all the time anyway!). And that due to the global nature of the internet, a lot more people were stopping by to read than just local residents.
I also discovered that the posts that seemed to really hit the mark, were the ones where I am just *myself* (in the words of a former Academy Award winner – You like me! You really like me!).
Here at Redland City Living, I am passionate about:
- The wonderful place where I live;
- Living life to the full;
- Fashion for the real world – no matter what your size, shape or budget;
- Books, libraries, reading and magazines;
- Health and wellness – especially when it comes to mental health;
- Making the most of our relationships (married to the hubster for 23 years and counting!);
- Parenting – our own kids are now 19 and 16;
- Working from home, writing, blogging, social media, etc;
- Making a house a home;
- Chocolate, my vege patch, my kitty, teddies, and all things cute;
- Sharing hints, tips and experiences;
- Encouraging others;
- and that’s just the start!
If you would like to receive a regular email letting you know there’s something new here (and I really hope you will!), then why not sign up to follow my blog with Bloglovin!
Is this your first time here or are you a regular reader? Please leave a comment below and let me know you’ve stopped by!